Friday, September 14, 2018
Date: Friday September 14th, 2018
Day: (SCDSB 5 Day Cycle) Day 4
1. Do you love nature? Do you like to make a difference in your community? If you said "YES" to any of those questions, then YOU should come to the Eco Teams start up meeting on Monday during the first Nutrition break.
2. Do you love to write? Want a chance to be published? There is a student writing contest that might interest you. The contest is for students K-8 for poetry and short stories. There are no entry fees. If you are interested, please meet with Ms. Kaufman at 10:35 today in the library for details.
3. Reminder: Cross Country permissions are due today! Please make sure you get them to Ms. Tiessinga or Mrs. Duits!
4. Students from the cross-country team who wish to purchase a team shirt with their name and number on the back are asked to come to the gym at 10:35 to get a form from Mrs. Sims. This is an optional purchase and school shirts will be provided to runners who do not have their own t-shirts.
5. There will be intermediate boys' pick-up basketball in the gym today at first break. Please wait for Mrs. Sims before entering the gym.
6. A reminder to all intermediate students interested in Leadership Team to please submit your applications by 3:15 today to the French office.
7. Today is the last day to get your leadership form in grade seven and eight students! Completed forms go in the box outside of the French office 232.
8. Intermediate Boys Volleyball Try-outs on Tuesday at 8:00am – please bring your gym clothes!
9. Thanks to all who have brought in donations for the Terry Fox Run. We have already raised $379! Keep bringing in your donations. Terry Fox t-shirts are also available. Ask your teacher for an order form. Orders must be made by next Friday if you want your shirt for the day of the run.
10. The sign up sheet for the Junior boy's basketball team will be outside of the gym doors today at first break. Listen to the announcements for team try outs next week.