Wednesday, October 03, 2018
Date: Wednesday October 3, 2018
Day: (SCDSB 5 Day Cycle) Day 2
1. Hey Blazers! It's International Walk to School Month! Did you know that seventy-five percent of pollution in our atmosphere is from vehicles, and that in cities, vehicles are responsible for between 50 to 90 percent of pollution? That's a lot! Walking or biking to school or other places does help our environment! Try to walk to school this month and help our planet!
2. There will be a junior boys' basketball practice this Thursday morning at 8:10 am. Come ready to play.
3. Attention all girls in grades 4, 5 and 6 who are interested in trying out for the junior girls' basketball team. There will be a tryout this morning at 10:55 in the gym. Please show up on time and ready to play.
4. If you are in Grade 1, 2 or 3 and like to sing, then you should join the Primary Choir! Sign up outside Mrs. Elton's room, that is 205, at first nutrition break today. The first practice will be tomorrow in the library.
5. The final totals are still not in but, Wow! we have raised over $5000.00 from the Book Fair. There are some Fantasy Popper Pens leftover from the Book Fair for sale for $3.50 each and Scented Bear Highlighters for $3.00 each. They will be on sale in the Library during first break today, tomorrow and Friday.
6. Weather permitting, there will be an intermediate flag football practice on the field after school. A decision to possibly cancel will be made at second break based on the weather at that time. Thank you.
7. There will be a cross country meeting at recess in gym today. Shirts have arrived and will be handed out today!
Come prepared for the weather for tomorrow's race. Also be sure to bring your running shoes, water bottle and anything else you might need. Wait until you get called down tomorrow.
8. Attention all intermediate students who are interested in band – please meet Mrs. Weiss outside of Room 132 at first break, bring your lunch.